IT Business Systems Analyst/Security Consultant in a technology driven institution that promotes free thinking, and makes real impact as part of a team of technology integration leaders.
Business Systems Analyst/Security Consultant
- Achieved success in upgrading legacy production systems to MS SQL Server and Oracle J2EE systems in a variety of industries including Banking & Finance, Insurance, Rentals, Airlines, Automotive, Hardware, Pharmacy, Hospitality, and Manufacturing.
- A/CWO, Sargeant, Commissionaires (CGL) Security Unit at Keele CCC (Canada Corrections Facility)
- Worked with several security companies including Commissionaires Great Lakes, LK Protection, G4S, Paragon, FedSec, Source, Sentinel, Dragon/Spartan
- Provided first line hardware and software support including identification, documentation, investigation, diagnosis, escalation, resolution and follow up.
- Followed up with clients on regular basis entailing timely feedback to the user on the status of the incident resolution, and escalation if necessary.
- Coordinated with business executives, software experts, help desks, and data source teams in a 24x6 availability environment.
- Provided training, advice and assistance, technical support, and trouble-shooting .
- Created concierge info system with comprehensive functionality and real-time reporting
- Required proficiency with SQL, Oracle, Incident Management Systems software and applications.
Systems Analyst/IT Project Management
- Successfully migrated banking software to a web-based Temenos T24 Core Banking Financial Information System featuring J2EE application server, UI HTML/XSLT, open connectivity XML/ASP.NET Web Services BizTalk Server EAI for XML, EDI/SWIFT.
- Successfully resolved technical failures in a timely manner, automated application monitoring tools, and provided technical expertise for FX/MM application upgrades.
- Prepared technical training and process documentation for day-to-day support issues.
- Provided primary technical support for critical issues with T24 global financial system.
- Required in-depth knowledge of Active Directory, SQL Server, and SAP Crystal Reports.
Technical Support Analyst/Programmer Analyst
- Added value by creating a 100% real-time automated online report delivery of 1000+ SAP Crystal Reports, saving over $17K monthly in manual time and personnel tasks.
- Provided exceptional internal/external In/Outcall Tier-2 level helpdesk client support.
- User administration for new hires, configure desktop/laptop, printer access and email
- CALL CENTRE Database administrator: SAP Triversity, Peregrine ServiceCenter
- Systems administrator: Siemens ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) and PhoneMail
- Scheduled, performed and monitored nightly backups of production online databases
- Required MS Project control, cost estimating, Visio flowcharting, and reporting
IT Helpdesk Support/technical Support
- Provided efficient Tier-1 level helpdesk support on both hardware & software issues.
- Operated and monitored resource utilization (job control) of IBM VM/ESA Mainframe (MVS, JCL, TSO, CICS, COBOL), Sun Microsystems Solaris UNIX Server, Sun SPARCstation UNIX workstations;
- Maintained, installed, deployed over 25 Novell network configuration, hardware, software and printers;
- Provided hardware/software technical support, assistance/training, advice to students on productivity tools, operating systems/environments, programming languages, etc.
EMPLOYMENT SUMMARY (Work Experience/Contracts/Consulting)
- Business Systems Analyst Terryfix Software Solutions, Toronto, ON 2010-present
- IT Project Manager IT Dept, Trading Development Company Ltd 2007-2010
- Systems Analyst Mngt Information Systems Dept, ECC Bank 2005-2007
- Support Analyst Global Help Desk, SAP Triversity, Toronto 2002-2005
- Systems Administrator Mngt Information Systems Dept, ECC Bank
- Systems Officer Caribbean Credit Card Corporation
- Assistant Examiner IT Information Technology Exam Board, CXC
- Adjunct Lecturer/IT Trainer/Instructor BHS, CFB College, Francis Secretarial, UWI
- Assistant Permanent Secretary/IT Analyst/Trainer Agriculture, Lands, Housing & Development
- Student IT Helpdesk University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB
COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE & TECHNOLOGY EXPERTISE
- Certifications: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Technician (MCDST), Microsoft Office Suite Specialist (MOS) – Master Level, ICDL, Security Clearance Certificate - Level II (Secret) Authorization, IFPO Certified Protection Officer (CPO), LLQP
- Databases: Advantage, DB2, Domino, MS SQL Server, Oracle 8i/11g, Sybase
- Operating Systems: AIX, Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu), Mac OS X, Solaris, Windows XP/7
- Programming: C/C++, HTML, Java, Perl, Python, SQL, VB Visual Studio.NET, XML
- Servers: BES, Cisco IPS, Exchange, Lotus Domino Server, MS Server R2 Hyper-V
- Software: Active Directory, Business Objects/SAP Crystal Reports, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Project, Visio), Payroll, PeopleSoft HCM, SAS/SPSS, SharePoint, Incident Management, WebSense.
- Web Technologies: Apache/Tomcat, Cognos, IIS, jQuery, PHP, Silverlight 5, Weblogic.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & HIGHLIGHS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional customer service skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven interpersonal, oral, written and communication skills.
- Excellent co-ordination and administration skills and ability to multitask.
- Tact and discretion with regards to security and confidentiality of information.
- Strong networking and server/desktop/laptop PC technical support.
ACTIVITIES, VOLUNTEER GROUPS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Lions Club International: Region Chairman MDA-A711, Zone Chairman MDA-A711-Zone32B / MD60B-Zone3C; Past President SKB Lions Club lionsclubs.org; Vice President, Secretary Thistletown Lions Club , a711lions.org; http://e-clubhouse.org/sites/thistletown
- Junior Chamber International: Past Vice President SK Jaycees juniorchamber.org
- World Hash-House-Harriers: member SK Hash House Harriers www.gthhh.com
- Hobbies: hiking, swimming, choirs, singing, music, drama, movies, comedy
- Information Systems Management, Masters GPA 3.6/4.0
M.Sc. DeVry Keller Graduate School of Management, Oakbrook, Il keller.edu
- Information Technology, Postgraduate Diploma GPA 4.0/4.0
PgD. IT DeVry College of Technology, Calgary, AB devry.ca
- Computer Science, Bachelor of Science GPA 3.5/4.0
B.Sc. CS University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB unb.ca
Save a tree - use e-mail!
Please consider the environment when printing!